from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See kookaburra.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The laughing kookaburra, Dacelo novaeguineae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- the great brown kingfisher (Dacelo gigas), of Australia; -- called also giant kingfisher, and gogobera.
- n. See under Laughing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The great kingfisher of Australia, Dacelo gigas. See cut under Dacelo.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Australian kingfisher having a loud cackling cry
- n. almost extinct owl of New Zealand
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.