from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. least common multiple
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Initialism of least common multiple.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Abbreviation for the least common multiple, the smallest multiple that is exactly divisible by every member of a set of numbers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of least common multiple.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the smallest multiple that is exactly divisible by every member of a set of numbers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
If finding the lcm with an x confuses you, just think of it this way - the lcm is the lowest number that both will divide into evenly.
Thus, n - 4 must be a multiple of lcm (6, 9, 15, 18). [ "lcm" means the "least common multiple."]
· In adults, puncture lcm on the inside of the wall of the artery and 2cm below the crural arc.
Lorain County Metroparks 12882 Diagonal Road LaGrange, Ohio 800-lcm-park Employed for the period of 4/94 through 11/94, as a Seasonal Park Ranger.
Editora Ciência Moderna, Rio de Janeiro. www. lcm.com.br, lcm@lcm. com.br ...
Baket ba ngayon lang ako napadpad dito, ... lcm: sure ba kayo na totoong si Sadam yon? eh ang daming kamukha ni Sadam dito sa Civic Center? ... reynz: hahaha maraming thank you! pinapaniwalaan ko kamo yang mga papuri na yan at kinu-kwadro ko ...
Obfervandum tcrtio banc Regulam defendere pofleflbrem trienna - lcm, etiam contra provifom Apoflolicum; Ro - ta part.ip. tom, 2.dec. 42 j.
Atemplo tuo in Jerufa - lcm, * cibi 6tferenc reges miinera.
pf@(Pattern _ n) pa@(Pattern _ n') = Pattern l (lcm n n')
Take p-1 and q-1 and find either the product T = (p-1) (q-1) or, better, the least common multiple T = lcm (p-1, q-1) (modulo T.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.