from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various chiefly tropical plants of the genus Plumbago, having clusters of variously colored flowers.
- n. Any of several similar plants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various maritime herbs of the genus Plumbago, some of which have lead-coloured spots on the leaves or nearly lead-coloured flowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of maritime herbs (Plumbago). Plumbago Europæa has lead-colored spots on the leaves, and nearly lead-colored flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An herbaceous plant of southern Europe, Plumbago Europæa.
- n. By extension, any plant of the genus Plumbago, of the order Plumbagineæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a plant of the genus Plumbago with blue flowers
From the hue of some of its flowers.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
lead + wort (Wiktionary)