from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A member of the U.S. Marine Corps.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the United States Marines, so called because of a distinctive high leather collar of certain uniforms they formerly wore.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The sordid friar bird of Australia (Tropidorhynchus sordidus).
- n. A member of the United States Marine Corps; a United States Marine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A marine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the United States Marine Corps
From the leather neckband that was once part of the uniform.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)