American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Music A short line placed above or below a staff to accommodate notes higher or lower than the range of the staff.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In angling, an arrangement of fishing-tackle in which the lead rests on the bottom.
- n. A musical notation to inscribe notes outside the lines and spaces of the regular musical staves; a line slightly longer than the note is drawn parallel to the staff, above or below, spaced at the same distances as the notes within the staff.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. See Leger line, under 3d Leger, a.
- n. a short line; a notation for extending the range above or below the staff
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ledger line’.
Looking for tweets for ledger line.