- n. slang A violent thug, especially one employed as an enforcer by a criminal organization.
- n. A person whose job is to break the legs of poultry in a food processing facility.
- n. soccer A tackle or other on-field maneuver capable of breaking a player's leg.
- n. cycling A demanding bicycling competition or the course on which such a competition is held.
- n. cricket A cricketer who bowls leg breaks.
- n. cricket A leg break ball.
“On July 10, while his former RadioShack teammates push from Issoire to Saint-Flour, a Tour stage known as a leg-breaker, Armstrong will be in Davis, Calif., leading a bike race to benefit his foundation.”
“It was what professionals term a "leg-breaker" and Henderson could consider himself mightily fortunate to escape.”
“Among their many reporting coups, Barrett discovered that Giuliani's father was a mob enforcer and leg-breaker, and that he served time in prison under an assumed name.”
“Not even LBJ, the greatest leg-breaker the Senate and Presidency have ever seen, could government by fiat - even with huge Democratic majorities he had to compromise on a range of issues to get things done.”
“Freak of nature, beast of burden, hulking outcast, medieval prize fighter, Viking raiderâ€¦ Godâ€™s own leg-breaker.”
“But the 13. 1-mile leg-breaker offers the Spaniard the chance to lock down another distinction: the greatest climber in Tour de France history.”
“Maybe they loved it a little too much; was it coincidence that the mob started its long decline right after Puzo showed every humble leg-breaker how to turn his tragic saga into a best seller?”
“So if you owe internal revenue, a few bucks in back taxes, didn't be surprised if a leg-breaker named Vito shows up on your porch demanding money.”
“Hikers would call this leg-breaker country," he said.”
“Together they hauled the leg-breaker up the hill, parting at the snow-caked, wandering flights of steps, which seemed weary and worn with their endless task of climbing the mountain to Madigan's door.”
‘leg-breaker’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for leg-breaker.