from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The specialized vocabulary of the legal profession, especially when considered to be complex or abstruse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The technical talk of the legal profession, the argot of lawyers.
- n. Wording that resembles how a lawyer writes, especially such that is confusing to the layperson.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A style of writing or speaking heavily emphasizing the abstruse technical vocabulary of the law, to the point where a speech or document may be incomprehensible to non-specialists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a style that uses the abstruse technical vocabulary of the law
legal + -ese (Wiktionary)