from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wild cat native to Southeast Asia, Prionailurus bengalensis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any one of several species or varieties of small, spotted cats found in Africa, Southern Asia, and the East Indies; esp., Felis Bengalensis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The American ocelot, Felis pardalis.
- n. A wild cat of India, Ceylon, Java, and Sumatra, Felis bengalensis, about 3 feet long including the tail, of a tawny color, white below, striped on the head and back, spotted on the sides.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small spotted wildcat of southern Asia and Malaysia
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.