American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A commissioned rank in the U.S. Navy or Coast Guard that is above ensign and below lieutenant.
- n. One who holds this rank.
- n. A commissioned officer of the United States Navy whose rank is above an ensign's and below a lieutenant, or a corresponding rank in other navies.
- n. A commissioned officer in the United States Coast Guard, Public Health Service, or National Atmospheric and Oceanic Administration whose rank is above an ensign and below a lieutenant.
- n. an officer holding a commissioned rank in the United States Navy or United States Coast Guard; below lieutenant and above ensign
“Promoted to lieutenant junior grade in May 1953, he remained in the U.S. Naval Reserve until he resigned his commission on October 21, 1960, all the while remaining “physically qualified for all duty with waiver,” the waiver being a “trick knee” sustained in a college boxing bout.”
‘lieutenant junior grade’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for lieutenant junior grade.