from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A life-support system: a patient on life support.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An artificial system designed to provide oxygen in an environment that lacks oxygen.
- n. A machine that keeps the body of an ill or injured person alive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. medical equipment that assists or replaces important bodily functions and so enables a patient to live who otherwise might not survive
- n. equipment that makes life possible in otherwise deadly environmental conditions
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.