American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A life-support system: a patient on life support.
- n. An artificial system designed to provide oxygen in an environment that lacks oxygen.
- n. A machine that keeps the body of an ill or injured person alive.
- n. medical equipment that assists or replaces important bodily functions and so enables a patient to live who otherwise might not survive
- n. equipment that makes life possible in otherwise deadly environmental conditions
“They reentered the rip in the life support system.”
“The core was still active, too, and the quick scan Nog did showed that life support and artificial gravity were still functioning, as they were last year when the Defiant rescued Colonel Kira from the Pah-wraith cultists.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘life support’.
pretty open-ended here—terms, ideas, lingo, technologies and phenomena (real or postulated) that are, were, should be or could be used in speculative fiction
Fonts whose names are wacky, powerful, intriguing, whimsical, exotic and so on.
Can I tell you a secret? I want to be Captain Picard.
Looking for tweets for life support.