from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. lignin
- n. An explosive compound of wood fibre and nitroglycerin.
- adj. Alternative form of ligneous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Ligneous.
- n. See lignin.
- n. An explosive compound of wood fiber and nitroglycerin. See Nitroglycerin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as ligneous.
- n. An explosive mixture consisting of wood pulp saturated with nitroglycerin. It has fallen into disuse on account of the special danger attending its use.
- n. A colorless compound, C18H26O11, prepared by the action of dilute acids on glueolignose.
Sorry, no etymologies found.