from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Biology A distinctive border or edge, such as the junction between the cornea and sclera of the eyeball.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A border of an anatomical part, such as the edge of the cornea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as limbo, 1.
- n. Pl. limbi (-bī). In anatomy, a border.
- n. In conchology, the circumference of the valves of a bivalve shell from the disk to the border or margin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a border or edge of any of various body parts distinguished by color or structure
Latin, border.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin limbus ("edge, border") (Wiktionary)