from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The number of lines of printed or written material.
- n. Payment for written work at a specified amount per line.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of lineage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See lineage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete form of lineage.
- n. Lining; arrangement in line.
- n. In printing:
- n. The quantity of matter estimated in lines.
- n. Payment or rate of payment by the line.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the number of lines in a piece of printed material
- n. a rate of payment for written material that is measured according to the number of lines submitted
Sorry, no etymologies found.