American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A single item, especially of a legislative appropriations bill: Most governors have the power to veto line items of the proposed state budget.
- n. An item appearing on a single line in any schedule of information.
- n. accounting An item of revenue or expenditure in a budget or other financial statement or report.
- n. government A budget appropriation.
- n. an item in an appropriation bill
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘line item’.
Some of the catchwords of several presidential debates (Obama-Romney 2012 Denver debate's transcript fully included)
Looking for tweets for line item.