from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A single item, especially of a legislative appropriations bill: Most governors have the power to veto line items of the proposed state budget.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An item appearing on a single line in any schedule of information.
- n. An item of revenue or expenditure in a budget or other financial statement or report.
- n. A budget appropriation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an item in an appropriation bill
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.