American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The branch of mathematics that deals with the theory of systems of linear equations, matrices, vector spaces, determinants, and linear transformations.
- n. A mathematical ring and vector space with scalars from an associated field, the multiplication of which is of the form (aA) (bB) = (ab) (AB), where a and b are scalars and A and B are vectors.
- n. mathematics The branch of mathematics that deals with vectors, vector spaces, linear transformations and systems of linear equations.
- n. linear algebra An algebra over a field.
- n. the part of algebra that deals with the theory of linear equations and linear transformation
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘linear algebra’.
The most frequent words in the titles of mathematical books and journals (www.sciencedirect.com)
nonparametric, nonparametric sta..., multivariate anal..., partial different..., multivariate, topology, stochastic, differential equa..., linear algebra, harmonic analysis, applied mathematics, combinatorial and 205 more...
Looking for tweets for linear algebra.