from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of mathematics that deals with the theory of systems of linear equations, matrices, vector spaces, determinants, and linear transformations.
- n. A mathematical ring and vector space with scalars from an associated field, the multiplication of which is of the form (aA) (bB) = (ab) (AB), where a and b are scalars and A and B are vectors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of mathematics that deals with vectors, vector spaces, linear transformations and systems of linear equations.
- n. An algebra over a field.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the part of algebra that deals with the theory of linear equations and linear transformation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.