American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Marked with fine lines.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology and botany, marked with fine or obscure lines; diminutively lineate.
- adj. zoology Marked with little lines.
- adj. botany Marked longitudinally with fine lines.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Marked with little lines.
- adj. (Bot.) Marked longitudinally with fine lines.
- Latin lineola, diminutive of linea line. (Wiktionary)
- New Latin līneolātus, from Latin līneola, diminutive of līnea, thread, line; see line1. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Grain is globose reddish brown, minutely and obscurely lineolate.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lineolate’.
Looking for tweets for lineolate.