from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yellowish oil extracted from the seeds of flax and used as a drying oil in paints and varnishes and in linoleum, printing inks, and synthetic resins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An oil, extracted from flax seeds, used as a drying agent in paints, varnishes etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. oil obtained by pressure from flaxseed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A drying-oil produced by pressure from linseed, varying in color from light amber to dark yellow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drying oil extracted from flax seed and used in making such things as oil paints
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.