from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A literary person, a man of letters.
- n. One who writes professionally.
- n. A learned person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who teaches the letters or elements of knowledge; a petty schoolmaster.
- n. A person devoted to the study of literary trifles, esp. trifles belonging to the literature of a former age.
- n. A learned person; a literatus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A petty schoolmaster; a dabbler in learning.
- n. A man of literary culture; a man of letters; a literary man.
- n. One who concerns himself with verbal and textual criticism.
Sorry, no etymologies found.