from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Eating or swallowing stones or gravel.
- adj. Eating or destroying stone, like some mollusks, sponges, annelids, and sea urchins.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Eating or swallowing stones or gravel, as the ostrich.
- adj. Eating or destroying stone; -- applied to various animals which make burrows in stone, as many bivalve mollusks, certain sponges, annelids, and sea urchins. See lithodomus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Eating stones; swallowing gravel, as a bird.
- Perforating or penetrating stones, as the Lithophaga; lithodomous.
Ancient Greek (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.