Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Eating stones; swallowing gravel, as a bird.
- Perforating or penetrating stones, as the Lithophaga; lithodomous.
- adj. zoology Eating or swallowing stones or gravel.
- adj. zoology Eating or destroying stone, like some mollusks, sponges, annelids, and sea urchins.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Eating or swallowing stones or gravel, as the ostrich.
- adj. Eating or destroying stone; -- applied to various animals which make burrows in stone, as many bivalve mollusks, certain sponges, annelids, and sea urchins. See lithodomus.
- Ancient Greek (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lithophagous’.
Words made using "lith/o" where it means rock or stone, not including those formed in the body.
Yoinked from the list found here.
Looking for tweets for lithophagous.