from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A printing plate used in lithotypography.
- v. To prepare for printing with plates made by the process of lithotypy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An etched stone surface for printing, having the design in relief; also, the process of printing from such a surface, or that which is printed from it.
- n. A machine, with a keyboard like that of a typewriter, for making a lithographic transfer sheet. It produces a perforated strip of paper which controls the printing.
- transitive v. To prepare for printing with plates made by the process of lithotypy. See lithotypy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of stereotype plate produced by lithotypy.
- n. A method of printing from lithographic stone in the same manner as from type, the design on the stone being etched deeply enough to admit of the use of the type-press.
- To prepare for printing by lithotypy.
- n. The art of reproducing type-writing print on lithographic stone or aluminium plate.
- n. An apparatus or machine that combines these operations.
- n. The print so produced.
Sorry, no etymologies found.