from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having lobes; lobed.
- adj. Shaped like a lobe.
- adj. Having separate toes, each bordered by a weblike lobe. Used of the feet of certain birds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. lobed.
- adj. Resembling a lobe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, or having, lobes; lobed.
- adj. Having lobes; -- said of the tails of certain fishes having the integument continued to the bases of the fin rays.
- adj. Furnished with membranous flaps, as the toes of a coot. See Illust. (m) under Aves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a lobe or lobes; lobated; lobose; lobed; lobulate: as, a lobate leaf; a lobate fin or foot; a lobate rhizopod or ctenophoran.
- Having the form of a lobe: as, a lobate part or process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or resembling a lobe or lobes
- adj. having deeply indented margins but with lobes not entirely separate from each other
Sorry, no etymologies found.