American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A dish consisting of cooked lobster meat mixed with a cream sauce, put into a lobster shell, sprinkled with cheese, and browned.
- n. A creamy, cheesy mixture of cooked lobster meat, egg yolks, and brandy or sherry, stuffed into a lobster shell, and optionally served with an oven-browned cheese crust.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a dish of lobster meat cooked with a rich creamy wine sauce, stuffed back into the lobster shell, sprinkled with grated cheese, and browned.
- n. diced lobster mixed with Mornay sauce placed back in the shell and sprinkled with grated cheese and browned
- After French Thermidor, the 11th month of the calendar used during the French Revolution : Greek thermē, heat; see therm + Greek dōron, gift; see dō- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lobster thermidor’.
Looking for tweets for lobster thermidor.