from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A trailing, prickly plant (Rubus ursinus var. loganobaccus) native to Oregon and south to Baja California, cultivated for its acid, edible fruit.
- n. The red fruit of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hybrid berry, produced by crossing a raspberry with a blackberry, considered a species Rubus loganobaccus, a variety Rubus ursinus loganobaccus, or a nothospecies Rubus × loganobaccus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dewberry-like plant said to be a hybrid between Rubus vitifolius (the dewberry of the Western States) and R. Idæus (the European raspberry).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. red-fruited bramble native from Oregon to Baja California
- n. large red variety of the dewberry
After James Harvey Logan (1841-1928), American jurist and horticulturist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Named for the American lawyer and horticulturist James Harvey Logan (1841-1928). (Wiktionary)