from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A long distance: It is a long haul from New York to Los Angeles.
- n. A long period of time: Over the long haul the candidates performed well.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. travelling a long distance
- n. A long time; the long term; an extended period.
- n. a long distance
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a period of time sufficient for factors to work themselves out
- n. a journey over a long distance
From long + haul. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.