from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a distance between shoulders and waist that is longer than average.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a long waist; long from the armpits to the bottom of the waist; -- said of persons.
- adj. Long from the part about the neck or shoulder, or from the armpits, to the bottom of the weist, or to the skirt; -- said of garments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a long waist, as a person or a ship. See waist.
- Long from the armpits to the waist or narrowest part, as a dress or coat.
Sorry, no etymologies found.