Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete form of lunge.
- n. The great lake-trout or Mackinaw trout, Cristivomer or Salvelinus namaycush. Also called togue.
- n. An abbreviated form of maskalonge.
- v. US To work a horse in a circle at the end of a long line or rope.
- n. A long rope or flat web line, more commonly referred to as a longe line, approximately 20-30 feet long, attached to the bridle, longeing cavesson, or halter of a horse and is used to control the animal while longeing.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A thrust. See Lunge.
- n. The training ground for a horse.
- n. (Zoöl.) Same as 4th lunge.
- From French allonger ("to lengthen"), or Latin longa ("long"). (Wiktionary)
“£t notas fecumy heu fruflra 1 refpe6tat Athen Jam procul e fludu Minoia refpidt arva, florentisque videt jam Cydzdas, hinc Stropha quej Hinc finusy hinc flatio contra patet Henmone Linquitur ante alias longe gratiffinia Delos Nereidum matri, et Neptuno iEgaeo.”
“Also he has flipped and no longe rsupports gay people, think they will vote for him?”
“For me love scene must be somthing that i'm expecting for longe, with a lot of passion.”
“Sorry to be so longe winded, i love reading all your finds and only recently could give you something i thought might interest you - write me and give me your thoughs about this might be a presentation coin - thank you — chuck email@example.com”
“Different skill levels, longe range is all right if the shooter/hunter knows what he is doing and is aware of the terrain/conditions in which he is operating.”
“I don; t hunt anywher wher ovr 400 yds is needed, in fact with a Nikon 3x9x40 i doubt I could even hold on target beyond that range, without the scope/Bincs it does enable me to make longe shots than her at home where the average shot is 100 yds etc.”
“No longe able to call me my well-known name which you always do.”
“Há apenas uma regra: Ele coloca o temporizador da máquina para 2 segundos, carrega no botão e foge o mais longe possível da máquina.”
“They would only raise Business costs, Taxes, and lower longe-range productivity.”
“Estou longe das redações, então não sei como essa discussão está sendo encarada nas diretorias.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘longe’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Decorative trims and moldings and their elements, from room-scale to whole-building-scale, including, of course, ovolo.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Looking for tweets for longe.