from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology One of a people described in the Odyssey who lived in a drugged, indolent state from feeding on the lotus.
- n. A lazy person devoted to pleasure and luxury.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who ate the fruit or leaf of the lotus, and, as a consequence, gave himself up to indolence and daydreams; one of the Lotophagi.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the Lotophagi; hence, one who finds pleasure in a listless, dreamy life; a devotee of indolent pleasures; a languid voluptuary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone indifferent to the busy world
Sorry, no etymologies found.