from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A child born of parents who are not married to each other.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A child born as a result of a romantic liaison between parents not married to one another; an illegitimate child.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an illegitimate child.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A child of illicit love; a bastard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the illegitimate offspring of unmarried parents
Sorry, no etymologies found.