from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tropical Indian plant (Amaranthus caudatus) having clusters of small red flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tropical plant, Amaranthus caudatus, that has clusters of little red flowers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a species of amaranth (Amarantus melancholicus).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name of the red amaranths, Amarantus caudatus and A. Gangeticus, with crimson spikes and (sometimes) foliage, and small annual roots. Owing to the weak root, they often fall and lie prostrate in the garden.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. young leaves widely used as leaf vegetables; seeds used as cereal
Sorry, no etymologies found.