from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The lowest level of water in a body of water, such as a river, lake, or reservoir.
- n. See low tide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The location of low tide on a coastal area.
- n. The lowest stage of a river.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. The condition of an insufficient quantity of water in the boiler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the lowest (farthest) ebb of the tide
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.