American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to tidal phenomena caused by the moon.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to that part of the tidal movement which is dependent on the moon.
- adj. Of or pertaining to tides caused by the moon
- adj. Describing the difference in time between the crossing of a meridian by the moon and the subsequent high tide at that point
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Pertaining to tidal movements dependent on the moon.
- Latin lūna, moon; see lunar + tidal. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“As indicated by its name, a "lunitidal interval" is the time elapsing between the passage of the moon across the meridian of the place or station and the occurrence of high or low water.”
“If two stations have the same longitude, then the difference between the lunitidal intervals for the two stations denotes the difference in the times of occurrence of the tides.”
“The mean lunitidal intervals and the mean ranges of tide, together with the approximate geographical positions of the stations, are as follows:”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lunitidal’.
Words pertaining to the oceans' tides; words describing seasons or portions of time that contain the searchable string *tide.
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for lunitidal.