from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to tidal phenomena caused by the moon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to tides caused by the moon
- adj. Describing the difference in time between the crossing of a meridian by the moon and the subsequent high tide at that point
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to tidal movements dependent on the moon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to that part of the tidal movement which is dependent on the moon.
Latin lūna, moon; see lunar + tidal.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)