from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See manage.
- n. A collection of animals; a menagerie.
- n. A social group living together; a household.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete variant of manage.
- n. A household; the company of persons living together in a house.
- n. Housekeeping; household management.
- n. 3 (me-naj′ ). A kind of club or friendly society common among the poorer of the working classes of Scotland and the north of England.
- n. A menagerie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a social unit living together
From Anglo-Norman meinage, maynage, Old French mainage, menage, from mainer ("to stay"); with later influence after French ménage. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.