American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A North American perennial plant (Scutellaria lateriflora) having one-sided clusters of two-lipped blue or white flowers.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) An American mint (Scutellaria lateriflora) that yields a resinous exudate used esp. formerly as an antispasmodic.
- n. (Bot.) an American herb (Scetellaria lateriflora) formerly prescribed as a cure for hydrophobia.
- n. an American mint that yields a resinous exudate used especially formerly as an antispasmodic
- So called from its use as an antispasmodic. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘mad-dog skullcap’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for mad-dog skullcap.