from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A measure of the quantity of magnetism, being the total number of magnetic lines of force passing through a specified area in a magnetic field.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A measure of the strength of a magnetic field in a given area.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A measure of the strength of a magnetic field over a given area.
- n. Same as magnetic field.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the lines of force surrounding a permanent magnet or a moving charged particle
- n. a measure of the strength of a magnetic field over a given area
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.