from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Differences in the earth's magnetic field in time and location.
- n. See magnetic declination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In navigation, at a given place and time, the horizontal angle between the true north and magnetic north measured east or west according to whether magnetic north lies east or west of true north.
- n. In cartography, the annual change in direction of the horizontal component of the Earth’s magnetic field.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as magnetic declination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the angle (at a particular location) between magnetic north and true north
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.