from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To set out to go (someplace); to move towards.
- v. To tend to produce or result in.
- v. To confirm, favour, strengthen (an opinion, theory, etc.).
- v. Used other than as an idiom: see make, for.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to happen or to occur as a consequence
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.