American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A fermented liquor, such as beer or ale, made with malt.
- n. US beer, especially that having a higher than normal alcohol content.
- n. archaic Any beverage brewed from malt, including ale, beer and porter, typically having lower alcohol content than modern brews.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. an alcoholic liquor, as beer, ale, porter, etc., prepared by fermenting an infusion of malt.
- n. An alcoholic drink made with malt.
- n. a lager of high alcohol content; by law it is considered too alcoholic to be sold as lager or beer
“When Conrig was alone again he took a bottle of malt liquor from his trussing coffer, filled a beaker to the brim, and downed it, hoping to silence the gush of speculation that rose like a black tide in his brain.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘malt liquor’.
Words about beer and the making of it.
Food and drink words
Looking for tweets for malt liquor.