from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fermented liquor, such as beer or ale, made with malt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. beer, especially that having a higher than normal alcohol content.
- n. Any beverage brewed from malt, including ale, beer and porter, typically having lower alcohol content than modern brews.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. an alcoholic liquor, as beer, ale, porter, etc., prepared by fermenting an infusion of malt.
- n. An alcoholic drink made with malt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lager of high alcohol content; by law it is considered too alcoholic to be sold as lager or beer
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.