Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wild potato-vine, Ipomœa pandurata, so called from the great size sometimes attained by the root.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) a twining plant (Ipomœa pandurata) with leaves and flowers much like those of the morning-glory, but having an immense tuberous farinaceous root.
- n. (Bot.) A long-rooted morning glory (Ipomoea leptophylla) of Western U. S.
- n. A tropical American prostrate or climbing herbaceous perennial (Ipomoea panurata or Ipomoea fastigiata) having an enormous starchy root; sometimes held to be source of the sweet potato.
- n. tropical American prostrate or climbing herbaceous perennial having an enormous starchy root; sometimes held to be source of the sweet potato
- n. a morning glory with long roots of western United States
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘man-of-the-earth’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for man-of-the-earth.