from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by forthrightness and honesty: had a man-to-man talk about the facts of life.
- adj. Sports Of, relating to, or being a system of defense in which a defensive player guards a specific offensive player.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. direct, forthright, and honest
- adj. one-on-one
- adv. directly, forthrightly, and honestly
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. directly
- adj. being a system of play in which an individual defensive player guards an individual offensive player
- adj. forthright and honest
Sorry, no etymologies found.