from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a special glove cover worn by fencers, specifically sabreurs, on their weapon hand
- n. a conically shaped array of microtubules that completely covers the nucleus of a spermatid
- n. an upholstered arm on a wooden-frame chair like a bergère or fauteuil.
- n. a vertical heading within a newspaper article computer generated image.
- n. a sleeve for the forearm, worn especially by triathletes and made of materials that reduce wind drag.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A word used in English at different periods for various ornamental styles of cuff.
From French manchette. (Wiktionary)