from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The collective body of officials (mandarins) or persons of rank in historical China.
- n. A political form of rule by mandarins
- n. The status of holding a position as a mandarin.
- n. A type of government marked by excessive bureaucracy and Byzantine regulations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The collective body of officials or persons of rank in China.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office or authority of a mandarin.
- n. The whole body of mandarins; mandarins collectively.
- n. The jurisdiction or district of a mandarin.
mandarin + -ate (Wiktionary)