from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A four-sided roof having a double slope on all sides, with the lower slope much steeper than the upper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A roof having two slopes on each side, the lower one having a steeper pitch than the upper; this increases the volume of the enclosed space.
- n. A steeper roof that terminates into a flat roof at its high point.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A hipped curb roof; that is, a roof having on all sides two slopes, the lower one being steeper than the upper one.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See roof.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hip roof having two slopes on each side
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.