from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small wild cat of Central Asia. Scientific name: Otocolobus manul.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wild cat (Felis manul), having long, soft, light-colored fur. It is found in the mountains of Central Asia, and dwells among rocks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wild cat of Tatary and Siberia, Felis manul, of about the same size as the common European wildcat, F. catus, but with longer legs. It is of a yellowish color with whitish variegations, the tail ringed and the head striped with black.
- n. In the pearl-fisheries of Ceylon, a pearl-oyster bank which consists of soft or loose sand, as distinguished from a paar, which consists of rock or hard bottom. See paar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small wildcat of the mountains of Siberia and Tibet and Mongolia
From Mongolian мануул (manūl). (Wiktionary)