from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sweet syrup made from the sap of the sugar maple.
- n. Syrup made from various sugars and flavored with maple syrup or artificial maple flavoring.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Syrup made from the sap of the sugar maple, Acer saccharum
- n. Syrup flavored with artificial maple flavoring; though legally in the United States cannot be labelled as such when for sale.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. made by concentrating sap from sugar maples
Sorry, no etymologies found.