American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A cherry preserved in a syrup flavored with real or imitation maraschino.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A cherry which is colored a deep red and sweetened by cooking in colored syrup, and flavored with maraschino. It is used as a garnish in deserts and cocktails.
- n. The marasca cherry tree.
- n. Dalmatian bitter wild cherry tree bearing fruit whose juice is made into maraschino liqueur
- n. cherry preserved in true or imitation maraschino liqueur
“Fill the room with streamers and balloons and start the party off with a few rounds of Shirley Temple Blacks—ginger ale, grenadine and a maraschino cherry matured by a dose of Johnny Walker Black.”
Looking for tweets for maraschino cherry.