from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A follower of marcionism.
- adj. Of or pertaining to marcionism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A follower of Marcion, a Gnostic of the second century, who adopted the Oriental notion of the two conflicting principles, and imagined that between them there existed a third power, neither wholly good nor evil, the Creator of the world and of man, and the God of the Jewish dispensation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A follower of Marcion of Sinope, a Gnostic religious teacher of the second century, and the founder at Rome of the Marcionite sect, which lasted until the seventh century or later.
- Pertaining to or characterized by the principles of Marcion: as, the Marcionite Church.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.