from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Archaic form of margarine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fatty substance, extracted from animal fats and certain vegetable oils, formerly supposed to be a definite compound of glycerin and margaric acid, but now known to be simply a mixture or combination of tristearin and tripalmitin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A peculiar pearl-like substance extracted from hogs' lard; the solid fatty matter of certain vegetable oils. The purest margarin is obtained from the concrete part of olive-oil. It is a mixture of stearin and palmatin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter
- n. a glyceryl ester of margaric acid
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Put in a little bit of butter or (vegetable) margarin.
The trailer wasn't great but it showed the movie has lots of potenital but also a huge margarin of error a big chance it could still suck.
Roll the dough until thin again and repeat the process of spreading the margarin and than folding the dough in.
Harding would only have had at his disposal sulphuric acid, but by heating this acid with the neutral fatty bodies he could separate the glycerine; then from this new combination, he easily separated the olein, the margarin, and the stearin, by employing boiling water.
Remembering the night before she threw her knife from her hand as if it was red hot, then tried to push the sticky mass of bread and margarin underneath the bread wrapper.
Tambahkan tepung terigu, tepung maizena, susu bubuk, kapucino bubuk, dan baking powder sambil diayak dan diaduk rata masukkan margarin leleh sedikit-sedikit sambil diaduk perlahan. tuang di cetakan madeline yang dioles margarin dan ditabur tipis tepung terigu
Cream cake ciri utamanya adalah proses cara membuat cake diawali dengan mengocok mentega atau margarin dengan gula.
Ingat, pemakaian margarin soft pada masakan yang semestinya memakai mentega akan membuat tekstur dan volume masakan Anda menjadi berbeda.
Penambahan susu padat pada margarin regular membuat rasanya tidak jauh berbeda dengan mentega.
Margarin regular sering juga disebut margarin brick atau hard terbuat dari minyak nabati.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.