from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To provide with or be a margin to; border.
- transitive v. To add margin to (a stock portfolio).
- adj. Biology Having a border or an edge of distinctive color or pattern.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. With a well marked edge or margin.
- v. To provide with margins.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a margin distinct in appearance or structure.
- transitive v. To furnish with a distinct margin; to margin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To furnish with a margin or margins.
- Having a margin.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
#What meaning is conveyed by the term "marginate"?
Eczema, psoriasis, and lupus erythematosus are diseases in which there are distinct _inflammatory symptoms_, such as thickening and infiltration and redness; moreover, psoriasis, and this holds true as to ringworm also, occurs in sharply-defined, circumscribed patches, and lupus erythematosus has a peculiar violaceous tint and an elevated and marginate border.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.