from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A garden in which vegetables are grown for sale in a market.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A garden in which vegetables are raised for market.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a piece of ground where vegetable are cultivated to be sold in the markets for table use.
- n. a garden in which vegetables are raised for market.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A garden in which vegetables and fruits are raised for the market.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a garden where fruit and vegetables are grown for marketing
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.