from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tall and coarse European umbelliferous plant (Peucedanum Ostruthium, formerly Imperatoria).
- n. The Astrantia major, a European umbelliferous plant with a showy colored involucre.
- n. Improperly, the cow parsnip (Heracleum lanatum).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name of several umbelliferous plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any plant of the genus Astrantia
One of the most interesting is a multi-year observation of altered life-cycles in local flora (like jewelweed, chickweed, masterwort, goldenrod, etc.) under the kudzu.
There's wormwood, woodsorrel, masterwort, zedoary, and angelica; and lastly, there is a little bottle of the sovereign preservative against the plague, as prepared by the great Lord
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.